Very little is known about 43 Things Social Networking Site. Yet, it is the only social networking site that helps you achieve your goals. Already I was on fire about goal setting. My contention is you get there quicker when you make a list. This is because a list serves as a reminder. Not only that, but you can get a kick out of crossing out the items you have accomplished.
Facebook was a let down in that members spend a lot of time criticizing others indirectly instead of building each other up. This is not true of everyone on Facebook. But you do run into know-it-alls who know exactly what everybody’s problem is. So as you can imagine, I was already actively seeking a social network that consists of people who build each other up. 43 Things is all about cheering each other on as one sees others accomplish their goals.
Here is how it works. You write down as many goals as you want to. You share these goals with the Social Network. You may update your status to say what you are doing to get there. You may even express how difficult you think it is and why. In contrast, Facebookers have been whining a lot about each other’s posts. Here is what I like about 43 Things:
- I haven’t seen any negative comments regarding other people’s posts.
- There is nothing but encouragement.
- Everyone is hoping others would accomplish their goals.
- Imagine receiving cheers in your mailbox and wall page, rather than hisses.
- Goal accomplishment is encouraged especially among those with similar goals.
- People are curious to see how others did it (accomplished their goals).
- You learn from others
You can also aim to shoot for others’s goals. Others are able to think of things you didn’t even think about, but wanted to do.
You get there!